We have been learning about the Factory Freezer Trawlers that are used to catch and process fish in New Zealand. This is part of the process of exporting fish to other countries.
You can see the instructions we followed below:
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
- Take a piece of rectangular paper and place it in front of you so the paper is in portrait format - with the longer edges to the side. Fold it in half lengthwise so the top meets the bottom - with the fold at the "top" of the piece of paper.
- Fold in to half width and unfold - this marks your center line.
- Fold the top right corner down so the top edge lines up with the center line.
- Flip over. Repeat. This should create a "house" like shape with a "big" roofline and about an inch of paper below the triangle of the roof
- Fold bottom edge up. Flip over the paper.
- Fold bottom edge up.
- This makes a paper hat shape.
- Grasp the hat shape in the center. Do this at the point where the diagonal creases meet.
- Pull apart the paper and flatten. You should end up with a diamond-shaped piece of paper.
- Fold the bottom edge up. Leave about a 1/4 of an inch (0.65 cm) border between the top edge and the edge of portion that has been folded-up. Once done, flip the paper over.
- Fold the bottom edge to line up with the other side.
- Hold the paper ship in the middle of the bottom edge. Pull it apart and flatten.
- The paper should now be this strange shape.
- Take the left and right triangular portions and pull apart. The bottom edge will flip up on its own.
- Look at your creation: Your paper ship is now complete.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Paper Ship. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.